Monday, August 12, 2013

Staying Busy

The count down has begun. The sun is setting earlier, and my days here are getting shorter. There is never enough time to cross everything off the to-do list, but I am making sure I spend time doing things that never go on that list.

All of August has been consumed by my family and friends. I took the month off of work at The Ole Store, so I can "get my s*** together" as it has been referred to. It's only the beginning of the month, but it feels like I have created so many memories in the past couple weeks.

Spending time with my family has been the most memorable; parents, brother, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, second cousins, great aunts.. you get the picture. I have a big family. We like to have fun. We spent a weekend out at the lake soaking up the sun, eating a lot of food, and laughing until the sun came up the next morning. I will miss the family rendezvous' the most, but I know they will continue when I come home.

My friends are starting to go their ways just as I am. We are all going different places, but I know we are all going to do great things. My friends are some of the most exceptional people and I am glad I have had the opportunity to grow up with them in Northfield. It has been hard to say our goodbye's, but all good things must come to an end. Someday we will all reunite as if the days away from each other never occurred.

As for the rest of the month, I will continue to spend time with family and friends. I will also be getting my Visa in Chicago, make endless amounts of check list's to make sure I have everything I need, and finally pack my bags.

I am ready to open up and explore what this beautiful world has to offer. I will indulge in every single moment. It will be overwhelming, but I am ready. The time has finally come. It's time to spread my wings and fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment