Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sometimes It All Feels Like A Dream...

There are times in my day when I dream, and there are times when I think I'm in one.

The night before I left home my sisters gave me a gift. It was a watch, but not your ordinary time teller. It has no face and tells no time. Instead, it's a reminder to live in the moment. Every time I look at it I pause and look around. I think about how I got to where I am and remember how fortunate I am to be in such a magnificent place. I love the life I am living and wouldn't want it any other way...

...well maybe with big bowl of Grandma Elaine's Chicken Dumpling Soup and a loaf of Grandma Margaret's Zucchini Bread, but that's in my dreams and this is reality.

This week was great and this is why...

1. On Monday Lorenzo found a stray kitten near school. He brought it home and put it on the roof. Don't worry, we fed it and gave it a box so it wasn't completely inhumane. The number of stray cats in Tivoli is equivalent to the amount of dog shit on the sidewalk. If I don't see at least ten cats or step in doggy doodoo on my way to school, I'm not starting my day off right. If anything we were doing the cat a favor.

The little kitty turned out to be healthy after a traumatic visit to the vet. We brought it back home and this time it was able to stay inside the house.


Minu loves her new home. We spoiled her with cats toys and she loves to snuggle with me and stay warm. 

2. On Friday I got Netflix and Hulu to work on my computer. It sounds ridiculous and you're probably wondering why it was a highlight of my week. Truly, only other exchangers would understand what I'm talking about. The important thing to know is that it was exciting as opening presents on Christmas morning.

3. Saturday I was supposed to go to Rome to visit Marissa, but unfortunately the weather didn't want to cooperate and I wasn't able to go:( I was disappointed to say the least, but instead I was able to go out with friends in Tivoli. We hung out around town and for dinner we ate paninis'. They were delicious. I had so much fun with everyone and I can't wait for next time!




3. Sunday was the party for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. It was a big celebration with the family and big lunch. I also went to my first church service. Mass was the exact same as back home, except everything was in Italian. I was able to understand it all besides the language, but knew the equivalent in English. It was wonderful. By the end of the day I was so full. It was more like breakfast, lunch, and dinner for our one meal. 

That's all for now, but I can't wait for more exciting events to come!

xo
F.



No comments:

Post a Comment