Sunday, September 8, 2013

Last Call

The majority of the week was spent packing and repacking. I had three bags to fill and all had to be under 50ibs. Of course I overpacked. I kept having to put items back into my closet. It was a little sad for me, but way more exciting for Riley and Zoe. More clothes for them! I'm not particularly happy about them having free access into my closet. If it was up to me it would be under lock and key. Yes, I know clothes aren't important in the grand scheme of it all, but if you know my sisters' they're going to be all over my things. I hope they at least think of me when they wear my clothes;) Riley, Zoe: take a selfie every time you wear something of mine. Make sure your face is extra "cute" too. You know what I mean. Zo, I love your frog face, and Riley, I'll miss your chins. So please, don't forget to share them every once in a while. 

After I finished packing the rest of the week was spent doing these things in no such order
-Eat
-Watch Mad Men (great show by the way)
-Walk around the house aimlessly
-Annoyed Dad (Love you)
-Harass Beau
-Harass the Cats
-Watch Beau harass the cats
-Take Beau on walk
-Eat
-More Mad Men
-Go crazy

You get the picture. I did absolutely nothing at home. All my friends are now off to college, so life in Castle Rock got quite boring. Instead of being cooped up at home, I went to Mom's office up in St. Paul and helped her out. I filed… made labels on the label machine… and filed some more. It was wonderful… The bet part was that I brought Beau up to the office with me! Well, and I was able to spend the day with my mama. 

After work Beau and I picked Riley up from class at the St. Paul, U of M campus and went to her house for the night. I hung out with her and her friends all night and had a wonderful time! I last hooray if you will. 
The next morning I slept in as she had morning class. Kyle made me a delicious breakfast, and when it was time we picked her up from class. 

When it was time to go home we made a pit stop at Coastal Seafood and picked up lobster tails, shrimp, and mussels. My last night at home was spent with the family, minus Adam because he wasn't able to be home due to work. Luckily I was able to say goodbye to him last week in Chicago. But back to my story… on my final might on the farm Dad made Paella- one of my favorite dishes of his. We sat outside in the candle light and enjoyed a delicious dinner and said our goodbyes. 

Surprisingly, I slept really well that night. I woke up around 6:30am and got ready for my flight. Dad packed my bags into the car and we were off to the airport. I checked two bags, both ended up weighing a pound or two over fifty, but Delta was extra nice and didn't make me pay extra. I gave my last hugs to everyone, said "I love you", and went through security. It was emotional, but I held myself together the best that I could. I waved through the glass and that was it. I was on my own.

The flight to Boston was quick. I slept through the majority of it and also talked to the nice man sitting beside me. Flying into Logan airport was absolutely stunning. We flew over all the sail boats on the coast and I was able to see all the amazing houses on the beach. Nathan Dahlen, if you are reading this, I wouldn't want to leave that city if i were you.. Stunning

When I got off the plane, I was completely lost. I didn't know how big the airport was. I walked for about 20 minutes just to get to my connecting flight gate. I had a couple of hours to spare, so I watched an episode of Mad Men, then sat there a while soaking everything in and enjoying the people around me. The gate started filling up and I noticed an elderly couple looking for a spot to sit. With out hesitating I offered them mine. I moved my rump to the floor nearby and charged my phone. As I was doing so a couple men came up to me and said how courteous that was of me. It didn't hit me until then, that a gesture as little as that can go so far. I would just hope that someday, someone would do the same for me. 

When it was time to board I got butterflies in my stomach. I found my seat and settled in. The flight was about 8 hours and during that time I did a few things to keep myself occupied:

-Watched Valkryie 
-Ate dinner… mmm airplane dinner...
-Slept
-Numbed my butt
-Walked around and stretched 
-Watched a little bit of Angels and Demons
-Stretched some more
-Typed up my new blog post
-Listened to The Weeknd, The XX, and Bon Iver on repeat
-I tried to play a Brain-Fu game on my TV, but it froze so now its stuck and won't let me exit. So much for raising my IQ.

So here I am less than three hours from my destination, anxious more than ever! I can't wait to step foot in Italy. I'm going to try to get a little more sleep before I do so.

Ciao, F.

No comments:

Post a Comment